- I catch up on the latest trends in performance consulting, organizational learning and development, and instructional design.
- I try out new tools for learning solution development.
- I enjoy blue sky thinking on the merits and application of each tool in an overall learning intervention.
- Over time, I now recognize learning leaders as people. One leader I admire tremendously follows me on Twitter!! Cool!
- I sit back, review, and analyze my professional life, and think about the next steps.
- I hone my selling skills as I get more entrepreneurial.
- I meet new people, revive old relations, and realize how important others are to my success.
- I accept that not all people will help me when I need.
- I have renewed admiration for professionals in corporate America who work, survive this tough market, and still know how to enjoy the not quite welcome times.
- And finally, I totally get what Obama meant when he said, keep building your body of work - it is never enough.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
It's my downtime
Well, so it happened to me as well. Bad global markets, poor financial results, deep budgets cuts, my position ethered (just coined this word. I like the sound of it)! Anyway, so here I am looking for work. While I want the wait to end, the wait has been pretty good...really! A gorgeous son, California spring/summer, camera, and MacBook with its photo and video editing capabilities, need to take their rightful place in this feel good feeling. Stuff I do these days: